Top Chews and News of 2017

It’s hard to believe 2017 is almost over! The year flew by for me, largely thanks to the launch of Chews and News. Since my first post in May, I’ve had some fantastic opportunities to meet amazing people in the food industry, try tons of delicious dishes and to make some fun meals of my own. I’m so grateful for the support of my family, friends, the strangers who have been gracious enough to share their time telling me the stories behind their plates, and, of course, my readers. I couldn’t do this blog without any of you, and I’m so excited to hit the ground running in 2018.

To wrap up the year, I’m looking back at some of the top Chews and News posts of 2017. Which were your favorites? What do you want to see in 2018? Comment below to let me know!

Happy New Year!

– Jen

Top Five Chews of 2017

1. Derby Dishes (Fried Chicken Salad Sandwich, Easy Buttermilk Drop Biscuits, Chocolate Pecan Pie)
  2. Pear Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
  3. Cocoa Fudge Cookies
  4. Grilled Peach Caprese Salad
  5. Steak Tacos with Mojo Marinade

Top Five News of 2017

1. Grate: “Simplicity in its Purest Form”
  2. More than Just Salad
  3. Moxie: More than a Name
  4. Finding Inspiration in “Commanding the Table”
  5. Dane County Farmers Market Celebrates 45th Anniversary
    1. Part One
    2. Part Two

10 Comments Add yours

1. Amy says:

Can’t wait to see what 2018 brings to Chews and News!!!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Jen says:

Thank you!! I can’t wait either 🙂 It’s going to be a busy year!

2. Andy Lask says:

Chews and News has become my go to for interesting stories about restaurants and food related activities, not to mention great recipes.

1. Jen says:

Happy to hear you’re enjoying it! Are there any kinds of foods or restaurants you want to read more about next year??

3. Erica says:

That pear salad has me dreaming about summer already!

Happy New Year!

1. Jen says:

Umm… I’m such a pear fanatic that I couldn’t even wait till summer to make it!! Happy New Year!

4. Alice Rhoades says:

Jen, I love reading about the great local businesses and their stories. Can’t wait to find out more about the awesome breweries in Milwaukee and Chicago!

Liked by 1 person

1. Jen says:

Thank you so much!! I had so much fun exploring breweries in Highwood with you and can’t wait to find new ones together!

5. Emma says:

All of your recipes look amazing, can’t wait to see what you come up with in 2018! Happy New Year!

1. Jen says:

Thanks, Emma!! Can’t wait to check out more restaurants and breweries with you in 2018!